- Second Muslim Ban–this article clearly outlines the big differences between the first and second travel bans
- Light initiative to improve historically black colleges – seemingly well-intentioned order that could’ve been better if year-round pell grants would’ve been granted for students, critics say. This order is more rhetoric than action.
Dismantling of Clean Water Rule – the Clean Water Rule was intended to identify bodies of water that could be drinking water for the people of the United States so that these waters could be protected by the Clean Water Act of 1972.
- Reorganizing the Executive Branch – this orders cabinet secretaries to present a plan to the president on how to restructure the agency they lead.
In the news:
- Trump’s Second Travel Ban Blocked by several states
- Trumps 2005 tax returns “leaked”
- Trump Rescinds Rules on Bathrooms for Transgender Students, overruling his own Secretary of Educaion, Betsy DeVos. The Times writes, “she said she considered it a “moral obligation” for every school in America to protect all students from discrimination, bullying and harassment.”
- White House banned several news media outlets from attending an off-camera press briefing with Sean Spicer. CNN, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the BBC, and the Guardian were among the blocked news outlets. Dictators silence whoever and whatever they perceive to be their opposers; this is not something that the President of the United States should be doing.
- President Trump will not attend the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. He has every right not to follow tradition, but I think it’s a mistake to choose not to attend. This event is a great opportunity to appeal to the American people and to poke a bit of fun at himself and the media.
- Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster is Trump’s new National Security adviser. He’s a reputable pick.
- Andrew Puzder withdraws as a labor secretary nominee
- Leaked meetings: Jess Sessions & Russian ambassador
- Jeff Sessions recuses himself from investigation
- President Trump accuses President Obama of illegally wiretapping Trump Tower during his 2016 campaign, White House takes it back, Trump brings it up again, White House stands behind him, Trump says Obama and the British government colluded against him
- Trump Inherits a Secret Cyberwar Against North Korean Missiles that has been going on for three years.
- EPA grants $100 million to fix Flint Water crisis
- Trump releases budget proposal